Medical Care in Singapore

Hi,

I came across the following article in our The Straits Times Tuesday, December 16 2008.

S'pore docs help Russian to walk again by Judith Tan.

After a fall that paralysed him 4 months ago, Russian businessman Vasily Nesterenko can now walk again - thanks to surgery performed in Singapore.

.........


A four hour open spine operation was then carried out to remove the fused artery and vein.

About a week after the operation, his legs had improved movement and he regained bladder and bowel control.

With physiotherapy, he was able to stand.

.........

Last year, Singapore saw more than 400,000 medical tourists - an increase of 26,000 over 2006's figures.

Singapore also woos patients from neighbouring countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.


==============================================

About 20 years ago, I was diagnosed with with possible nose cancer. Immediately, I thought of going overseas to have a second opinion and get it treated.

I was advised by my GP and also a colleague, who was recovering nose cancer, that we have local expertise and these doctors were trained overseas so there was no need to seek expertise outside Singapore.

I have eb virus but that did not mean I have nose cancer. I was observed for several years and the last test has indicated zero presence of eb virus.

So my friends, do drop by Singapore or do your research to see if Singapore medical facilities can or may solve your medical problem.

At the same time, have a good holiday here and around the region too like Bali, Penang, Hong Kong, .....

David

Comments